Please note that the librarians and researchers are not able to comment on the value of any timepieces. If you are interested in a formal appraisal, a list of services can be found by searching the NAWCC Business Directory or Horology The Index.
Because research conducted by the library staff is a benefit of NAWCC membership, the Library & Research Center charges non-members a minimum research fee of $20 for the first half hour and $40 per hour for questions requiring more than 30 minutes work. This fee includes research conducted by the library staff and volunteer experts, scanned pages sent by email, and up to 10 photocopied pages and postage on answers sent by mail. If the researchers feel that your question will take more than the minimum 30 minutes they will contact you before additional fees are charged.
- Your name, email and/or mailing address, and phone number
- Your question
- Clear photographs of the timepiece in question, including pictures of the case, dial, and movement and any names, numbers, or trademarks that appear the case, dial, or movement. The more information we have, the better!
- Any information that you have about the watch or clock (when, where, and from whom you got it and who else may have owned it), its dimensions, and anything else that you feel may be relevant.
- If the numbers, names, or trademarks on the piece are not clear in the pictures, please transcribe them.
- If you've paid your minimum $20 fee online, please provide your Order Number so that payment may be confirmed.
Mail: If you are submitting a question by mail you may include a check or money order for $20, if the researchers feel that your question needs more than 30 minutes work we will contact you. To pay by credit card either include your credit card information or call to arrange payment by phone.
Email: If you are submitting a question by email please call to arrange payment by phone or pay online using the above method.
Research questions are answered in the order in which they are received with priority going to questions submitted by NAWCC members. Response time is dependent upon the volume of requests received by the library staff.
If you are generally interested in clocks and/or watches or you think you may want to use our services again you may want to sign up for membership in the NAWCC. Members of the NAWCC receive free reference help.