- Member Resources
- National and Regional Events
- Our Association
The Lifetime Membership Program, first approved in 1993, enables a Regular or Associate Member to become a Lifetime Member of the NAWCC on payment of the appropriate fee. Once the fee has been paid, no additional payments for membership are required for the remaining lifetime of that member. The remainder in that member’s account, including principal and accrued interest if any, will be transferred to the Museum and Library Investment Fund when the member is deceased. Being a Lifetime Member provides recognition that the member is dedicated to the purposes of NAWCC.
The fees and categories for Lifetime Membership are as follows:
* Regular Member joining as a Lifetime Member:
* Under age 40: $3,000.00
* Age 40 and over: $2,000.00
* Associate Member joining as a Lifetime Member:
* Under age 40: $1,500.00
* Age 40 and over: $1,000.00
The terms of the Lifetime Membership Program include the following:
1. On payment of the appropriate fee, that principal amount will be invested in the Lifetime Membership Fund and an individual account opened for record purposes. No additional payment will be required for membership in the NAWCC during that member’s lifetime.
2. At the time of becoming a Lifetime Member, any credit remaining from previously paid annual dues will be added to the member’s account for the months remaining at the time of payment.
3. At the beginning of each fiscal year the accrued interest from the prior year will be credited to the Lifetime Member’s account and the current annual dues amount will be debited.
4. Upon death, resignation, or termination, all funds remaining in the individual’s Lifetime account (including accrued interest if any) will be transferred to the Museum and Library Investment Fund. There will be no refund of any Lifetime fees, installment payments, or accrued interest.
5. Payment may be made as a lump sum or in three equal yearly installments, the second installment being due upon receipt of notice one year after receipt of the first installment. The third installment is due two years after the receipt of the first installment If any installment remains unpaid after two months, a second notice will be sent. If the member remains in default on the second or third payment for a period of two years, his/her membership will be terminated and monies remaining in his/her account will be transferred to the Museum and Library Investment Fund.
6. The new Lifetime Member will receive a Lifetime Member pin, a special membership card, and a plaque stating he/she is a Lifetime Member of the NAWCC. The member will retain his/her original membership number but will also be assigned a new Lifetime Member number.
7. At the beginning of each fiscal year the accrued interest from the prior year will be credited to the Lifetime Member’s account and the current annual dues amount will be debited.
8. As required by the Standing Rules Article XV Section 1(c), the current annual dues for the Lifetime Member will be paid first from earned income (interest), with principal being used only as needed.
9. Lifetime Members outside the United States will have the option of having their publications mailed via airmail. If airmail is chosen, they will be billed annually for their mailing costs two months in advance of their billing date.
10. Lifetime Memberships may be gifted by a donor; however, the recipient must already hold a current NAWCC Regular or Associate Membership as appropriate. The donor is responsible for payment of the full amount whether in lump sum or by installments.
Print out, fill in application, and send to NAWCC: