Please note that the librarians and researchers are not able to comment on the value of any timepieces. If you are interested in a formal appraisal, a list of services can be found by searching the NAWCC Business Directory or Horology The Index.
Please include your name, member number, email and/or mailing address, and phone number.
Watch and Clock Identification
- Clear photographs of the timepiece in question, including pictures of the case, dial, and movement and any names, numbers, or trademarks that appear the case, dial, or movement. The more information we have, the better!
- Any information that you have about the watch or clock (when, where, and from whom you got it and who else may have owned it), its dimensions, and anything else that you feel may be relevant.
- If the numbers, names, or trademarks on the piece are not clear in the pictures, please transcribe them.
- Please include the Author(s), Article title, Periodical title, Volume number, Date, and Pages.
- There is a .25 charge per page for photocopies.
- There will be a $4.00 charge for requests for scanned pages that exceed 25 pages.
Research questions are answered in the order in which they are received. Response time is dependent upon the volume of requests received by the library staff.