Ogee Shelf Clock, c. 1837
The 8-day movement was made at the Burton pond shop between 1836 and 1839. It has a small 20 tooth escape wheel and conventional (not rolling) lantern pinions. Note the triple pulley system and large winding drums which, combined with weights, is what drives the clock. Its length of run was actually 12 days.
Donated by Amerst E. Huson, NAWCC #4473
October 21, 2005
Copyright © 2005 National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors