Tower Clock, c.1864
John Stone and Justice Marshall began their tower clock making careers as employees of Austin Van Riper. As his successors, they were in partnership from 1859-1875.
The highly decorative yet sturdy frame of this Model 1, time only, movement consists of two cast-iron sections which are bolted together. The lower section provides the long barrel with flatbed support while the upper section allows for a shallow plate-and-pillar construction.
Donated by Seth G. Atwood, FNAWCC #15465
October 21, 2005
Copyright © 2005 National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors