From 1953 until 1994 the NAWCC “supplement program” was a free benefit of membership. The first supplement was 18 pages; the page count increased as supplement topics became more complex and/or featured more photography. Supplements were so named because they were actually postal “supplements” to the Bulletin, the bimonthly NAWCC journal. A “supplement” is a USPS mailing category for a published piece that meets particular requirements as an insert into a “polybag” along with a primary publication. Every member automatically received every supplement that was produced.